In the 1860’s, the Jesuit mission in Mindanao entered the regions of Zamboanga, Cotabato, and Davao.
In the 1870’s, the mission had spread out to four more regions: Surigao, Agusan, Misamis, and Saranggani.
In the 1880’s, the mission opened up Bukidnon and the number of stations in the covered territory increased drastically.
By 1895, there were 106 Jesuits in Mindanao, 62 priests and 44 brothers, in eight regions of the island.
From 1900 to 1921, the Spanish Jesuits held the fort waiting for the Americans who started taking over the stations in 1921.
In the 1930’s, sub-regions were turned over to other religious priests, while new Jesuit mission stations continued to be set up.
By 1939, the turnovers allow the Jesuits to focus on the remaining on Basilan, Zamboanga, Lanao, Bukidnon, and Misamis Oriental.
In 1946, only two mission areas remain for the Jesuits, Zamboanga del Sur and Bukidnon and the Ateneos in Zamboanga and Davao.